Saturday 20 November 2021

Pivot Points Strategy

 Pivot points can be used as entry points for new trades or as a close signal for the existing ones.

There are different types of pivot points with a different mathematical formula or simply using previous highs and lows.


How to trade Pivot points

The following scenarios work with the Traditional Pivot Points
For the Camarilla version normally R and S are closer to the price and we use a different setup.

Trading setup #1 (Not so strong trend): Open price is between R1 and S1

  • Long when the price moves back above S1 after going below S1. Target will be P, R1, R2, .. levels.
  • Place Stop loss at the S2 level

  • Wait for the price to go above R1 and then when it moves back below R1 again, go short.
  • Profit target will be P, S1, S2 S3 levels and stop-loss above R2

Trading setup #2 (Normally very trendy bullish markets): Open price is between R1 and R2

  • Buy or go long when the price moves back above R1 again after going below R1. Target will be R2,
  • Place stop loss at R1

  • Wait for the price to go above S1 and then when it moves back below S1 again, sell or go short.
  • Target will be  S2 levels, and the stop loss will be above P. 

Trading setup #3 ( Very trendy bearish market ): Open price is between S1 and S2

  • Wait for the price to go above S1 and then when it moves back above S1 again, then go long.
  • Target will be P, R1, R2 levels, and stop-loss below S2.
  • Wait for the price to go below S4 and then when it moves below S2, go short.
  • Place stop loss above S1. 

Trading setup #4 (High probability for a trend reversal or correction): Open price is above R2

  • Buying can be risky at this level. Wait for the price to go below R2.
  • As soon as the price moves below R1. go short.
  • Place stop loss above R3. Target S1 , S2 or P

Scenario #5 (High probability for a trend reversal or correction): Open price is below S2

  • Selling could be risky at this level as the price has opened with a big gap down.
  • Wait for the price to go above S1.
  • When the price moves above S1, buy
  • Place a stop loss of S2. Target R1, R2, and P.



2 comments:

  1. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $800 and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
    For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading the Crypto market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $700.00 and got back $6500.00 within 3 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge trading with him
    If you are new to cryptocurrency. You can reach to him on Telegram: bernie_doran_fx or Message text +1(424)285-0682

    ReplyDelete