Sunday 11 July 2021

Butterfly pattern Trading

 

Butterfly pattern

The Butterfly pattern:

  1. Is a reversal pattern
  2. It has four legs. (X-A, A-B, B-C, and C-D)
  3. It shows a trend reversal point.
  4. There are bullish and bearish versions.

How to identify the Butterfly pattern

See the price chart below for an example of what a bullish Butterfly pattern looks like:



  • Very similar to the Gartley or Bat patterns
  • Four distinct legs are labeled X-A, A-B, B-C, and C-D. 

X-A

The first leg forms when the price goes up sharply from point X to point A.

A-B

Change direction and retrace 78.6% of the distance covered by the X-A leg.

Please add Fibonacci to the chart to check!

B-C

Price changes direction again and moves back up, retracing 38.2% to 88.6% of the distance covered by the A-B leg.

C-D

  • You would be looking to enter at point D of the pattern.
  • Your trade entry order at the point where the C-D leg has achieved a 127% Fibonacci extension of the X-A leg. 


Place your stop loss

Place your stop loss just below the 161.8% Fibonacci extension of the X-A leg, as below:



Place your profit target

I suggest opening a few positions at the same time with small amounts ( Or an equivalent big order if your broker allows partial close)

Take profits as bellow:

1st: Point B

2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th TPs at Fibonacci retracements of XA leg ( 61.8%, 50%, 23.6%)

Points C and A also can be selected.

Summary

  • The butterfly is a reversal pattern 
  • It is similar to Bat pattern
  • You should enter at point D
  • Set the SL and TP based on Fibonacci numbers.

3 comments:

  1. I want to testify about TD Ameritrade who helped me invest my bitcoin and made me who I am today, I never believe in investing in bitcoin until I met TD Ameritrade. I saw so many testimonies about him helping people to invest their bitcoin. I decide to contact him and invested $500 and, after 72 hours, I get my $ 5,000 profit in my bitcoin wallet. Since I invested with them and I always receive my profit without delay, so if you want to invest your bitcoin, TD Ameritrade is the best deal with which you can invest and make profit is a guarantee. So, if you want to invest, just contact him and he will guide you on how to start your investment. Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manage your account with a good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. Benson for your investment plan inorder to get started. for he helped me earned 12,000usd with a little investment money. Benson you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his WhatsApp: +17168691327

    ReplyDelete
  3. All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $2,570 in a week from an initial investment of just $200. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.Whatsapp: (+447883246472 )

    ReplyDelete